Shop online and raise funds for Kamla Foundation
Kamla Foundation has registered with the Easyfundraising site so that a percentage of your online shopping will go towards the charity. Just click the button to register as a user and search for Kamla Foundation. Then as long as you shop through this website (they have over 2000 best-known retailers) up to 15% of your purchase will help raise funds for the Charity.
Get inventive and raise money your way!
If running or jumping out of a plane is not for you, how about coming up with your own event with a group of friends or people in your local community? Every penny counts - so even raising a small amount will help towards our work and it goes a long way in India!
Deciding what to do
Almost anything can be turned into a fund raising event so have a think about what you enjoy doing and how you can raise money from it. Invite people you think would enjoy it and make it as much fun as possible!
Rope in as many people as possible!
Asking friends, family, people in your local community and colleagues to help is a great way of sharing the workload but also making sure your event has a big impact!
Possible ideas and themes:
- Host a themed event and ask your friends to make a donation
- Hold a 'bring and buy' or 'car boot sale' with proceeds going to Kamla Foundation
- Organise a 'Pamper Evening' in your locality and taster sessions from complimentary therapists, talks, raffle, cake stalls etc. Ask friends and local businesses to donate prizes, cakes etc.
- Start a 'Food Chain' - invite friends for food - perhaps a barbeque, 3 course dinner or afternoon tea. Each guest makes a donation and pledges to keep the chain going by hosting another foodie get together.
- Get dressed up with a 'Black Tie Party' or Dinner Party with tickets sold to family and friends.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" Winston Churchill