Deciding what to do
Almost anything can be turned into a fund raising event so have a think about what you enjoy doing and how you can raise money from it. Invite people you think would enjoy it and make it as much fun as possible!
Rope in as many people as possible!
Asking friends, family, people in your local community and colleagues to help is a great way of sharing the workload but also making sure your event has a big impact!
Possible ideas and themes:
- Host a themed event and ask your friends to make a donation
- Hold a ‘bring and buy’ or ‘car boot sale’ with proceeds going to Kamla Foundation
- Organise a ‘Pamper Evening’ in your locality and taster sessions from complimentary therapists, talks, raffle, cake stalls etc. Ask friends and local businesses to donate prizes, cakes etc.
- Start a ‘Food Chain’ – invite friends for food – perhaps a barbeque, 3 course dinner or afternoon tea. Each guest makes a donation and pledges to keep the chain going by hosting another foodie get together.
- Get dressed up with a ‘Black Tie Party’ or Dinner Party with tickets sold to family and friends.
- Donation cans – are in operation at various outlets across London the Midlands and the North West of England.
- We have balloons printed with the Kamla Foundation logo which are available on request for your event.
- We have assorted Foundation literature outlining the work of the Foundation.
- We have a free standing and wall banners and posters for use at your event.